While there aren’t currently any scientific studies to support the health benefits of drinking lemon water, the health benefits of lemons and a well-hydrated body are known. Drinking hot lemon water in the morning is best for your digestive system and internal organs. Here are the health benefits of drinking lemon water daily:
1. Boost Your Immune System. Lemon juice contains plenty of Vitamin C. Starting the day with Vitamin C allows your body to absorb it quickly and put it right to use.
2. Hydration. Starting your morning with a glass of water helps to begin the hydration process after being without water for the 7-8 hours you’ve slept.
3. Aids in Digestion. Adding lemon to your water can help your body to better digest your breakfast and take away the key nutrients you’ve consumed. The lemon will also help your body to release stored toxins.
4. Benefits the Liver. Drinking your daily dose of lemon water will help to flush it out each morning. A healthy liver expels more bile and digestive juices into the digestive system, as well as helps your heart do its job better.
5. Boosts Your Brain. Lemons, being rich in potassium, can help to boost your mental performance, reduce fogginess, and generate overall better feelings.
6. Helps Acidity Levels. Lemons and lemon juice have an alkaline effect on the body. Drinking lemon water in the morning will help to bring your pH levels towards the alkaline side of the spectrum.
7. Weight Loss. Starting your day off with a glass of lemon can help you to lose weight by providing hydration to the body, and also complimenting that hydration with some sustenance. The added lemon can help to curb hunger, and may help you in avoiding a larger breakfast.
This post was adapted from bembu.com, to read the full piece click here. If you enjoyed this post we ask that you please join our mailing list here for updates regarding our newsletter, Facebook page, our promotions, and general information about the direction of our company.