OPCs have a number of key actions and here are the 5 most important ones:
To fully understand the benefits of OPCs you must first understand free radicals. Free radicals are harmful molecules that damage your body and accelerate the aging process. Free radicals are generated from a long list of things in our modern environment such as unhealthy food, alcohol, stress, sunlight, smoking, pollution, blue light the list goes on and on.
Our best defense against free radicals are OPCs.
OPCs are found in some foods in small amounts, however, the two main sources are pine bark extract and grape seed extract. Red wine is considered the a third powerful source of OPCs.
OPCs work synergistically, meaning they work better when taken together rather than individually. When the three most powerful sources of OPCs - pine bark extract, grape seed extract and red wine extract - are combined with two other important OPCs from bilberry and citrus, they have a sum effect greater than their individual parts!
Pine Bark Extract
- The first source of OPCs discovered.
- Comes from nutrients extracted from a particular species of maritime pine.
- Contains the OPCs found in the seeds of grapes.
- Researched for their blood pressure support, support of venous insufficiency and collagen/skin support.
- Contains the OPCs that give red wine its district color.
- Found in high levels in the skin of grape seeds, but not in the seeds.
- Researched for their support in aging, heart disease and cancer.
In our OPCXtra we have the above 3 sources of OCPs PLUS 3 more powerful sources of OPCs:
- A member of the blueberry family.
- Famous for its use to sharpen the night vision of pilots in WWII.
- These OPCs give the bilberry its deep blue color and are present in the skin and pulp of the berries.
- A group of plant pigments found in citrus fruits.
- Researched for their help with capillary bleeding.
- An extract from one of the most commonly used tea's around the world
- Researched for its support of heart, liver and brain health.
In summary OPCs are much more than powerful antioxidants, they also have strong anti-inflammatory, immune boosting ,anti-spasmodic and anticoagulant actions. All of these actions when combined can give an OPC formula unique health benefits. That's one of MANY reasons we packed our OPCXtra with 6 powerful plant based sources of OPCs: pine bark extract, red wine extract, grape seed extract, bilberry extract, green tea extract and citrus bioflavonoids.
Here what our long time OptiLifers have to say:
"I have been taking it for about 15 years the last 10 years I have been sick one time in 10 years I think it builds your immune system up. IT helps your heart and arteries, blood flow. many good things with OPC and the other products. good stuff." - Ronald E.
"We’ve been using this product for 15 or more years and it’s the best thing we do everyday. I have zero joint pain never get sick maybe once a year I’ve had sinus infections but feel better than ever. My husband can notice a difference when he’s out of town and forgets to take some with him." Arthur A.
"Have used this product for over 20 years. It is a miracle powder. Got my wife and daughter taking it as well. Thank you Optihealth!!!" - Paul O.
"My husband and I have been using OPC for 25 years! Still healthy and limber in our mid-sixties!" - Roberta W.
"I have been using OPC for 25 years. I believe in everything it professes." - Kathleen C.
Source: "Live Better Longer. The Science Behind the Amazing Health Benefits of OPC" by Richard A. Passwater, Ph.D.